Porterville Table Grapes & Citrus
De Riviere, Saron, Western Cape, South Africa
Consolidation of three table grape and citrus farms that supports the farming of 192ha of table grapes and 38ha of citrus on 1 080ha of land.
The area is known as the Swartland with a dry summer climate that supports an abundance of fruit, vegetable farms and orchards. The farm enjoys a registered water allocation equivalent to 316 hectares of irrigation from the 24 Rivers irrigation scheme.
- 143ha of table grapes planted
- 147ha of netting established
- Existing packhouse expanded and upgraded
- Existing and new seasonal worker accommodation upgraded and built
The positive impact we made:
- Over 1 240 employment opportunities
- 40+ employees received adult education and training
- Subsurface drainage and controlled irrigation infrastructure installed
- Eyecare initiative for employees
- International accreditation – BRC, GLOBALG.A.P, TESCO NURTURE