Northern Cape Table Grapes
Northern Cape, South Africa
Consolidation of three table grape farms, namely: Nuweland, Onderstepoort and Oranjestroom, situated next to the Orange River.
Approximately 800km north of Cape Town, the area has a unique and ideal microclimate for growing table grapes. Producing a combined total of 178.4ha of early table grapes for the export market.
- Additional 102ha new vines planted
- 41ha vines replaced
- 88ha of netting erected
- Existing worker housing upgraded
- Creches built on 2 farms
The positive impact we made:
- 950 new jobs created
- Adult education and training for 40+ employees
- Prepaid primary healthcare available for all permanent employees
- Childcare facilities at Oranjestroom and Nuweland
- HIV testing and ARVs available for all labourers
- International accreditation – GLOBALG.A.P, SIZA