Piketberg Pome Fruit
Western Cape, South Africa
Consolidation of three deciduous and stone fruit farms, namely Stawelklip, Hochland and Voorstevlei, totalling 1 036 hectares with 142 hectares under production.
Located in Piket Bo-Berg area, approximately 130km north of Cape Town in the West Coast region with accessibility to markets and ports. It lies circa 850m above sea level, which creates a unique and ideal microclimate for fruit growing. Summers are hot and dry, winters are cold and wet with good quality sandy soil.
Terrain exited this investment in early 2023.
- Acquired with 142ha deciduous & stone fruit under production
- Established 43ha of new citrus (17ha at Stawelklip)
- Replanted 19ha orchards with apples and pears
- Sold Voorstevlei in Dec 2020
- Packhouse facility and worker accommodation upgraded
- 2 new hostels built
The positive impact we made:
- 223 new job opportunities created
- Adult education and training for 60+ employees
- Computer Literacy Programmes
- Childcare facilities
- Dedicated vehicle to transport staff to clinic and medical doctors
- School aftercare facility
- International accreditations – GLOBALG.A.P