Worcester Table Grapes
Worcester, Western Cape, South Africa
The Brandwacht investment is a consolidation of three adjacent table grape farms near Worcester in the Western Cape
This is a prime table grape production area of South Africa. The investment offers an opportunity to establish a strategic relationship with a large agri-operator with an established presence and proven track record as well as considerable social upliftment for the current workers, via the Fund’s unique education and healthcare programmes. The farm has 78ha under table grapes. Brandwacht is situated in a winter rainfall area with good cold units in the winter and warm, dry summer.
- Refurbished and additional drilling of boreholes
- Replanting of 22ha of old table grape vineyards.
- Upgrading of pack house
- Maintenance and repairs of employee houses
The positive impact we made:
- Employment opportunities for over 360 people
- Adult education and Training for 100+ employees
- Pre-paid primary healthcare for 100+ permanent employees
- Onsite childcare facility for 30 children
- Eyecare Initiative to screen employees and provide spectacles where required
- International accreditations – GLOBALG.A.P, SIZA